- President Bola Tinubu has addressed Nigerians after striking economic deals with the government of the United Arab Emirates
- President Tinubu was able to secure the suspension of the visa ban the UAE has placed on Nigerian travelers through the diplomatic deals
- Addressing Nigerians home and abroad, the president disclosed that he had been able to make five economic deal with the UAE government
Unlock the best of Legit.ng on Pinterest! Subscribe now and get your daily inspiration!
Abu Dhabi, UAE – President Bola Tinubu has informed Nigerians about the outcome of his meeting with President Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan of the United Arab Emirate.
In a tweet after the meeting, President Tinubu disclosed that his meeting with the Arab president has resulted in five bilateral agreement with between Nigeria and the UAE.
List of world leaders Tinubu met from India to UAE
President Tinubu had visited the UAE to negotiate the visa ban on Nigerian travelers from India, where he had attended the G-20 leaders’ summit.
PAY ATTENTION: Follow us on Instagram – get the most important news directly in your favourite app!
While in India, President Tinubu made several economic deals with different world leaders including India, Germany and he also met with the United States President Joe Biden.
List of deals Tinubu made with UAE
The deals are listed below:
- Immediate suspension of the visa ban that the UAE had placed on Nigerian travelers
- Flight schedules resumption in and out of Nigeria by the Emirates Airlines and Etihad Airlines, adding that Nigerian government would not make any immediate payment.
- Investment deals worth several U.S. dollars would be pumped into the Nigerian economy by the UAE government, and it will covered multiple sectors including agriculture and defence.
- A joint, new foreign exchange liquidity programme between the UAE and Nigeria. Details of this to be communicated to Nigerians in the coming weeks.
- The two countries have made the commitment to normalize and enhance their relations fostered by collaboration between President Tinubu and the UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
See the tweet here:
“I was a tutor in school”: President Tinubu breaks silence on academic record
Legit.ng earlier reported that President Bola Tinubu opened up on his academic record when he was an undergraduate, saying he was a brilliant student.
While addressing Nigerians living in India, the president revealed how Deloitte trained him and further joined Exxon Mobil.
The president, who was in India for the G-20 leaders’ summit, addressed the Nigerian community where Nigerian students studying in the country were in attendance.