How to get static out of clothes quickly and without hassle
Have you ever experienced curly hair that never stays in place or clingy clothes? Static electricity occurs when clothing rubs against one another in the dryer due to the electrostatic charges that possibly accumulate when washing clothes. The good news is that there are various ways how to get static out of clothes. In addition, there are numerous ways to avoid static cling too.
Clothing sticks to your body due to static electricity. Do you want to get rid of that bothersome cling? Various quick treatments will help in dealing with static cling.
How to get static out of clothes quickly
If you ever have issues with getting static out of clothes, the following solutions can come in handy.
- Sort your clothes accordingly: The materials that tend to experience static cling are synthetic fabrics. When drying your clothes, you are required to separate the natural materials from the synthetic ones. It is also essential to air dry the natural materials on their own and the synthetic ones on their own to reduce static cling.
- Shake the garments when you remove them from the dryer: Immediately after you take them from the dryer, ensure that you shake them for about three seconds. This reduces the instances of static from developing.
- Mist clothes with water: Spraying clothes with a fine mist of water before putting them in the dryer can also reduce static.
- Place a humidifier in the laundry room: This way, you will eventually reduce the static buildup. You must maintain relatively high humidity in the laundry room.
- Use a fabric softener: Adding a small amount of fabric softener to the rinse cycle when washing clothes can help prevent static.
Natural way to get static out of clothes
Removing static from your clothes can help you avoid shocks and clingy clothes. Here are some natural ways of how to get rid of static in clothes.
- Reduce the amount of dryer time: This technique is very effective in ensuring that the static is kept to a minimum. When you remove clothes from the dryer while they are a little damp, you reduce static electricity that tends to form when there is dry air.
- You can make wicking fabric-friendly dryer sheets at home: You are required to look for natural materials to make the dryer sheets. Purchase a small spray bottle with you, and have some cotton cloth strips. In the spray bottle, add vinegar and essential oils. Then ensure that you mist the fabric until it is moist. After this procedure, put the cloth strips in the dryer alongside the washing load.
- Use of vinegar: This technique is very efficient. Washing clothes in vinegar is a sure way to eliminate static cling. Before you put your clothes in the dryer, you should spray them with vinegar.
- Introduce steam: Static electricity primarily occurs in dry air or environment. This is why you are advised to invest in a dryer with a steam cycle. The steam cycle function is effective in eliminating static cling as well as the removal of wrinkles too.
- Use a safety pin: A safety pin in reducing static cling is very evident since it is similar to using aluminium foil dryer balls. Before drying the garment, secure it with a safety pin. How does this work? The pin dissipates the static electricity ensuring that the clothes are static-free. Metal conducts electricity, and this is why it discharges static electricity.
- Moisturize: Dry skin tends to have a strong electrical charge. A perfect example is wearing a nylon shirt that has just dried. It will have a negative charge and attract your skin. Ensure that you moisturize your skin to stop that effect.
- Making an organic anti-static spray: This organic anti-static spray method is viable. You must mix essential oils with hazel to have an excellent organic spray. Then spray it on the garment that you are wearing.
How to get rid of static on clothes in the dryer
Static electricity is a phenomenon that tends to occur in day-to-day life. Garments in the dryer may have too much electrical charge causing static cling.
You can use aluminium foil. Take a sheet of aluminium foil and form a ball using it. Then throw it in the dryer together with your washing load. You can use the same aluminium foil you have rolled into a ball as often as possible.
Also, ensure that you put a damp cloth in the dryer when doing laundry to prevent static cling. Remove the laundry before the load dries so the clothes are still damp.
What home remedy will get rid of static on clothes?
Have you ever experienced static cling while at home and had no idea how to get rid of the static on your clothes? If so, here are home remedies on how to remove static from clothes while wearing them.
- Ensure that you wash your clothes with a fabric conditioner: Using a fabric conditioner as a final rinse is an effective way to remove static cling.
- Apply a lotion/ moisturizer: Always carry a bottle of lotion when stepping out of the house. This is one of the best methods of how to get static out of clothes without washing them.
- Use a wire hanger: This is an item that most people have at home. Ensure that before wearing clothes, you hang them. Some of the electric charges that make your clothes stick to you can be reclaimed by a wire hanger.
Does hairspray remove static from clothes?
Yes, hair spray is considered a quick fix when removing static cling. So how does it work? The electrons that rub against each other usually tend to generate a charge, and this charge causes a static cling. Particles such as lint and dust are then drawn to it. Alcohol, an excellent solvent, helps dissipate static electricity since it is a solvent.
It would be best if you sprayed a little hairspray under the hem of the garment, as it will immediately eliminate the static buildup. This is a known way to help you feel better when you are on the go; however, this method only lasts for a short time.
Despite static cling being annoying, it is possible to prevent it. The theory behind the hair spray is that the same chemicals used in stopping static cling on your hair can stop static cling from forming on the clothes. A humidifier is an excellent option for dealing with static cling since the HVAC adds moisture to the air.
Dry air and low moisture content can make static garments uncomfortable. It is essential to learn how to eliminate staticity from clothes if you experience this. With the above techniques, you can quickly learn how to get static out of clothes.
READ ALSO: Do fish get thirsty and other pressing questions you might have
Legit.ng recently published an article about fish and whether they get thirsty, among other topics. Fish are incredible animals with ingenious ways of surviving in water, and different species have evolved unique solutions.
Is it necessary for fish to drink water? Because different species have different needs, the answer may differ depending on which species you are referring to. In general, read this post to find out if fish drink water.
Fresh video reveals CJN Ariwoola’s true location, activity
- Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Kayode Ariwoola was spotted in Abuja on Friday, March 24
- The CJN was seen leaving the Supreme Court in Abuja for the usual Friday prayers amid claims that he is in London with Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- This latest update dismisses the unfounded speculation that Tinubu is trying to buy Ariwoola’s heart as the head of Nigeria’s judiciary
Amid rumours that he was in a private meeting with President-elect Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN) Justice Kayode Ariwoola has been spotted in Abuja.
CJN Ariwoola, according to Channels TV, was seen on Friday, March 24, leaving the Supreme Court for the Ansar-Ud-Deen Central Mosque in Abuja to observe his prayers.
The speculations that Ariwoola is in London with Tinubu are fuelling suspicion that the latter is making smart moves to buy the former’s heart while court cases surrounding the outcome of the presidential election abound.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Presidential election tribunal: Did Tinubu, CJN Ariwoola meet in UK? Fresh details emerge
Amid several news reports about a meeting between Nigeria’s president-elect, Bola Tinubu and the Chief Justice of Nigeria (CJN), Justice Kayode Ariwoola, in the United Kingdom, Ahmed Raji (SAN) has dismissed such claims.
Raji said the reports were false and were an attempt to mar the image of the Supreme Court of Justice.
As reported by the Nigerian Tribune, Raji revealed on Thursday, March 23, that Justice Ariwoola was indeed in the United Kingdom but was there only on medical leave but returned to Nigeria in the early hours of Thursday.
Meanwhile, a series of reports confirmed that Tinubu had left the country on health grounds as well.
“It is in the news since Tuesday evening that Tinubu was travelling to Europe for medical reasons as well as for lesser hajj, further reports indicated that he is in France to meet with his medical doctor, why would somebody now link that to the CJN that has left Nigeria for the UK since Saturday to observe his own medical session and just came back today (Thursday) as meeting?”
Jubilation as Court of Appeal gives verdict on PDP’s suit seeking to disqualify Tinubu, Shettima, awards N5m fine
- President-elect Bola Tinubu secured another victory at the Court of Appeal in Abuja on Monday, March 24
- The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) had asked the appellate court to disqualify Tinubu and the vice president-elect Kashim Shettima, claiming they were not properly nominated
- However, the court dismissed the suit for lacking in merit and awarded a fine of N5 million against the PDP
FCT, Abuja – The Court of Appeal in Abuja has dismissed a suit by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) seeking to disqualify the president-elect, Bola Tinubu and the vice president-elect, Kashim Shettima, from participating in the February 25 presidential election.
In the unanimous judgement delivered by Justice Danlami Senchi, the appellate court dismissed the appeal for lacking merit, Nigerian Tribune reported.
Justice Senchi described the appellant, that is the PDP, as a meddlesome interloper, holding that the court cannot be used to perform illegality.
He said the PDP failed to disclose that it has the legal right to institute the action.
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
“This appeal is of no merit and it is accordingly dismissed,” the court ruled and awarded a fine of N5 million against the PDP.
2023 presidency: What is the suit about?
The PDP, whose candidate, Atiku Abubakar, came second in the presidential election had contended that the APC candidate, Tinubu, who was declared the winner of the presidential contest, was legally ineligible to participate in the poll.
The party told the court that the manner the APC and Tinubu nominated Shettima as a Vice Presidential candidate for the election, was in gross breach of the provisions of the Electoral Act, 2022, as amended.
It claimed Shettima was nominated twice, both for the Vice Presidential position, as well as for the Borno Central Senatorial seat, an action it argued contravened the law.
The PDP had lost the case at the Federal High Court in Abuja before proceeding to the appellate court. Both INEC and APC were equally cited as Respondents in the appeal.
How the APC defended itself against PDP’s suit
Legit.ng gathers that Tinubu and Shettima, through their lawyers challenged the competence of the suit and the jurisdiction of the court to entertain it.
They contended that PDP was bereft of the locus standi (legal right) to institute the action against them.
According to them, no portion of the law conferred on the PDP, the right to dabble into the domestic affair of another political party, especially on the issue of the nomination of its candidates for an election.
The Federal High Court upheld the preliminary objection by Tinubu and Shettima and dismissed the suit for lacking in merit.
Court Orders Atiku, Peter Obi to serve petitions on Tinubu
In another report, Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi of the PDP) and Labour Party (LP) have been granted permission to serve their petitions on Tinubu, Shettima and Kabir Masari through the APC.
The permission was granted alongside that of the Allied Peoples Movement (APM) by the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC).
Legit.ng gathers that the petitioners argued before the tribunal that Tinubu, the president-elect, was avoiding their petitions.
US, Canada strike deal on illegal migration during Biden trip
President Joe Biden laid out a vision of world-leading US-Canadian economic cooperation in a speech to Canada’s parliament Friday, and announced that the giant neighbors had reached a deal on curbing illegal migration.
Standing ovations by Canadian lawmakers punctuated Biden’s roughly half-hour speech in Ottawa that was thick on praise for North American unity — a sentiment matched earlier when Prime Minister Justin Trudeau delivered his own address.
“Americans and Canadians are two peoples, two countries, in my view sharing one heart,” Biden said, getting cheers when he vowed Canada will “always be able to count on the United States.”
Biden signalled a resolution to one irritant in the close relationship, with a deal on managing the growing issue of undocumented migration on their lengthy border.
“The United States and Canada will work together to discourage unlawful border crossings,” he said. The arrangement will see undocumented asylum seekers crossing from the United States into Canada turned back, while Canada will simultaneously expand the pathway for legal entries.
The plan — similar to a crackdown on the much more heavily used US-Mexican border — has been criticized by migrants’ rights activists. However, Biden and Trudeau are both under political pressure to relieve their badly strained immigration systems and Biden said that regardless, “welcoming refugees and asylum seekers is a part of who Canadians and Americans are.”
PAY ATTENTION: Join Legit.ng Telegram channel! Never miss important updates!
Biden opened his speech with a nod to Canadian bilingualism, greeting parliamentarians with “good afternoon” and “bonjour” — joking that this was as far as he’d got in four years of French at school.
And the bonhomie flowed from then on.
Biden laid out a vision of the neighbors being ever more closely bound with the joint goal of building high-tech economies and reinforcing supply chains for things like critical minerals used in electric vehicle manufacturing.
“Canada and the United States can do big things,” he concluded to more cheering. “We’re going to write the future together.”
Trudeau earlier greeted Biden at the parliament building, saying Canada has “no greater friend and ally than the United States” — a message underlined through the gift to Biden of a chocolate bar from Peace by Chocolate, a brand started by Syrian refugees.
NORAD, China, Haiti
Earlier face-to-face talks between Biden and Trudeau covered a range of areas where both sides are pushing for improvements.
The US government has been pressuring Canada to increase its defense spending, which in 2022 was just 1.33 percent of GDP. This is scheduled to rise to 1.59 percent from 2026, but that’s still well below the NATO alliance requirement of minimum two percent of GDP spending.
A joint statement said that Biden and Trudeau agreed to modernizing their countries’ joint air defense alliance, NORAD, with Canada putting billions of dollars into improved radar and fighter aircraft infrastructure.
A revamped NORAD will “defend against emerging threats to our air and sea space and compete with China and Russia for years to come,” the statement said.
The two leaders reaffirmed support for pro-Western Ukraine “for as long as it takes” in its war to push back Russian invasion, and also issued a warning to China.
“Canada and the United States acknowledge the serious long-term challenge to the international order posed by the People’s Republic of China, including disruptive actions such as economic coercion, non-market policies and practices, and human rights abuses,” the statement said.
“While we will cooperate with China in areas of mutual interest, such as on climate change, we remain committed to ensuring our ability to compete effectively with China on a level playing field.”
Closer to home, the two leaders said they “remain concerned about deteriorating security in Haiti,” but did not say whether progress had been made on long-discussed plans for an international intervention force to stabilize the chaotic Caribbean nation.